Breastfeeding Basics for Clerical & Tech Staff
Includes Continental breakfast, lunch and
Check-In: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Training: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Breastfeeding Basics will provide information on the normal course of breastfeeding and an opportunity to develop and practice skills in breastfeeding promotion and support. This training is specifically for Clerical and Technical staff. There is no continuing education offered for this event.
Upcoming Dates & Locations
September 12, 2019
Location to be determined.
Registration coming soon!
In order to secure training overnight room rate, rooms must be booked at least 31 days prior to the start of each training. When calling for overnight accommodations, please identify that you are attending WIC Breastfeeding Training for the government rate.
Past Dates & Locations
- Explain how personal attitudes and perception impact breastfeeding education
- Name reasons to breastfeed and the risks of not breastfeeding
- Identify common myths and misperceptions about breastfeeding
- Identify ways to support breastfeeding from pregnancy to weaning
- Identify rapport building techniques that establish a positive relationship with pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Demonstrate the ability to use client-centered services when communicating with or counseling women
The full policy is available for you to read during the registration process under "Terms and Conditions" prior to submitting your registration.
Please Note: Due to flu season, we ask that if you experience any symptoms related to the flu, please stay home and do not attend the event. Contact MPHI either by phone or email if you will not be attending. To learn more about the flu and what you can do, please visit www.flu.gov or call (800) 232-4636.