Breastfeeding Basics for Clerical & Tech Staff
Includes Continental breakfast, lunch and
Check-In: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Training: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
This training meets the requirement for BF Basics as listed on the Local Agency Staffing and Training Policy 1.07 Exhibit L for Clerical and Technician Staff only.
Breastfeeding Basics will provide information on the normal course of breastfeeding and an opportunity to develop and practice skills in breastfeeding promotion and support. This training is specifically for Clerical and Technical staff. There is no continuing education offered for this event.
2020 Upcoming Dates & Locations
March 12, 2020
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn
5801 Southfield Expressway
Detroit MI, 48228
June 18, 2020
Bridge Vista Hotel & Convention Center
1027 South Huron
Mackinaw City, MI, 49701
Past Dates & Locations
Canceled December 5, 2019
Hawk Hallow Conference Center
15101 Chandler Rd
October 10, 2019
Courtyard by Marriott Mt. Pleasant at Central Michigan University
2400 East Campus Dr
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
June 13, 2019
DoubleTree Grand Rapids
4747 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49512
May 16, 2019
Crowne Plaza Farmington Hills- Novi/Detroit
37529 Grand River Ave
Farmington Hills, MI 48335
April 30, 2019
Boyne Mountain Resort
1 Boyne Mountain Road
Boyne Falls, MI 48713
- Explain how personal attitudes and perception impact breastfeeding education
- Name reasons to breastfeed and the risks of not breastfeeding
- Identify common myths and misperceptions about breastfeeding
- Identify ways to support breastfeeding from pregnancy to weaning
- Identify rapport building techniques that establish a positive relationship with pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Demonstrate the ability to use client-centered services when communicating with or counseling women