Includes Continental Breakfast and Lunch
Check-In: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Training: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
This training will provide an overview of the clerk’s role in performing WIC services including program eligibility determination. It will help the participant to apply WIC policy, based on federal regulations, to clerical functions. The participant will gain skills in customer service and communication enabling them to better serve the clients in their programs and to function as WIC team members.
Training Capacity: 20 participants
Number of Trainings offered per year: 4
Past Dates & Locations
May 1-2, 2019
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit - Dearborn
5801 Southfield Expressway
Detroit, MI 48228
April 24-25, 2019
Four Points Saginaw
4960 Towne Centre Rd
Saginaw, MI 48604
April 17-18, 2019
4747 28th St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49512
October 17-18, 2018
Commonwealth Commerce Center
209 E. Washington Ave.
Jackson, MI 49201
August 22-23, 2018
Blue Water Convention Center
800 Harker St, Port Huron, MI 48060
- Describe best practices to provide customer service to clients and team members.
- Discuss how to recognize and understand cultural differences.
- Demonstrate knowledge in addressing barriers to program services (i.e. Language).
- Describe how to determine program eligibility requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of clerical functions in the MI-WIC environment.
- Cheryl Bernard
- Heather Sanders
- Clerk (Required within 1 year)
- Coordinator (Required within 1 year)
- Health Educator
The full policy is available for you to read during the registration process under "Terms and Conditions" prior to submitting your registration.
Please Note: Due to flu season, we ask that if you experience any symptoms related to the flu, please stay home and do not attend the event. Contact MPHI either by phone or email if you will not be attending. To learn more about the flu and what you can do, please visit www.flu.gov or call (800) 232-4636.