Includes Continental Breakfast and Lunch
Check-In: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Training: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
This training will provide an overview of the clerk’s role in performing WIC services including program eligibility determination. It will help the participant to apply WIC policy, based on federal regulations, to clerical functions. The participant will gain skills in customer service and communication enabling them to better serve the clients in their programs and to function as WIC team members.
Training Capacity: 24 participants
Number of Trainings offered per year: 4
2020 Dates & Locations
Due to the current circumstances and recommended public health response to COVID-19, the Clerical Training on April 22-23, 2020 has been canceled.
April 22-23, 2020
Weber's Restaurant and Hotel
3050 Jackson Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
August 05-06, 2020
DoubleTree by Hilton Holland
650 E 24th St
Holland, MI 49423
- Describe best practices to provide customer service to clients and team members.
- Discuss how to recognize and understand cultural differences.
- Demonstrate knowledge in addressing barriers to program services (i.e. Language).
- Describe how to determine program eligibility requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of clerical functions in the MI-WIC environment.
- Cheryl Bernard
- Heather Sanders
- Clerk (Required within 1 year)
- Coordinator (Required within 1 year)
- Health Educator