Includes Continental Breakfast and Lunch
Training: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Registration: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
This training will provide an opportunity to learn about the clerk’s role in performing WIC services. It will help clerks apply WIC policy, based on federal regulations, to clerical functions. They will gain skills in customer service and communication that will enable them to better serve the clients in their programs and to function as WIC team members.
This training will also help clerks become familiar with WIC Management Evaluation (ME) standards as they apply to clerks.
Upcoming Dates & Locations
August 16-17, 2017
Four Points by Sheraton
4960 Towne Centre Road
Saginaw, MI, 48604
Rate is $75.00 per night plus applicable taxes and fees. Room cut off date is July 16, 2017. When calling for overnight accommodations, please identify that you are attending WIC Training for the government rate.
- Describe the role of the WIC clerk
- Demonstrate knowledge of clerical functions in the MI-WIC environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of customer service to clients and team members
- Recognize and understand cultural differences
- Demonstrate knowledge in dealing with language barriers
- Lead Trainer: Cheryl Bernard
- Amy Thompson
- Heather Sanders