Check-In: 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Training: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
This interactive workshop guides Competent Professional Authorities (CPAs) and Registered Dietitians (RDs) step-by-step through the nutrition education and high risk counseling session using client-centered service and critical thinking skills to ensure a client’s continuity of care toward improved health outcomes.
Training Capacity: 20 participants
Number of trainings offered per year: 5
Upcoming Dates & Locations
March 27, 2019
15500 Chandler Rd
Bath, MI 48808
Recommended Overnight Accommodations
Holiday Inn Express & Suites East Lansing
2924 West Rd.
East Lansing, MI 48823
Phone: (517) 333-0300
Courtyard by Marriott Lansing
2710 Lake Lansing Rd.
Lansing, MI 48912
Phone: (517) 482-0500
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing/Okemos
2500 Coolidge Rd.
East Lansing, MI 48823
Phone: (517) 324-2072
June 19, 2019
Comfort Inn Mt. Pleasant
2424 S Mission St
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
July 31, 2019
Venues to be determined.
September 25, 2019
3962 Wilkinson Rd.
Gaylord, MI 49735
- Describe each individual staff role in a client’s continuity of care.
- Describe how to incorporate client-centered and critical thinking skills into the nutrition assessment and documentation process.
- Describe Michigan WIC policy as well as available resource tools relevant to providing nutrition services.
- Discuss nutrition education and high risk documentation expectations.
- Identify how to develop and/or follow-up on individual care plans utilizing appropriate and consistent documentation in MI-WIC to promote continuity of care.
- Tara Fischer
- Joyce Bryant
- CPA (Required within 1 year)
- RD/RDN (Required within 1 year)
- Coordinator (Required within 1 year)
- NE Coordinator (Required within 1 year)
The full policy is available for you to read during the registration process under "Terms and Conditions" prior to submitting your registration.
Please Note: Due to flu season, we ask that if you experience any symptoms related to the flu, please stay home and do not attend the event. Contact MPHI either by phone or email if you will not be attending. To learn more about the flu and what you can do, please visit www.flu.gov or call (800) 232-4636.