Check-In: 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Training: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
This interactive workshop guides Competent Professional Authorities (CPAs) and Registered Dietitians (RDs) step-by-step through the nutrition education and high risk counseling session using client-centered service and critical thinking skills to ensure a client’s continuity of care toward improved health outcomes.
Training Capacity: 20 participants
Number of trainings offered per year: 5
2020 Upcoming Dates & Locations
Due to the current circumstances and recommended public health response to COVID-19, the Advanced CPA Training on April 16, 2020 has been cancelled.
April 16, 2020
Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center
100 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Past Dates & Locations
September 25, 2019
3962 Wilkinson Rd.
Gaylord, MI 49735
July 31, 2019
DoubleTree Detroit - Dearborn, Michigan
5801 Southfield Fwy
Detroit, MI 48228
June 19, 2019
Comfort Inn Mt. Pleasant
2424 S Mission St
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
March 27, 2019
15500 Chandler Rd
Bath, MI 48808
- Describe each individual staff role in a client’s continuity of care.
- Describe how to incorporate client-centered and critical thinking skills into the nutrition assessment and documentation process.
- Describe Michigan WIC policy as well as available resource tools relevant to providing nutrition services.
- Discuss nutrition education and high risk documentation expectations.
- Identify how to develop and/or follow-up on individual care plans utilizing appropriate and consistent documentation in MI-WIC to promote continuity of care.
- Tara Fischer
- Joyce Bryant
- Monica Smith
- CPA (Required within 1 year)
- RD/RDN (Required within 1 year)
- Coordinator (Required within 1 year)
- NE Coordinator (Required within 1 year)