Check-In: 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Training: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
This interactive workshop guides Competent Professional Authorities (CPAs) and Registered Dietitians (RDs) step-by-step through the nutrition education and high risk counseling session using client-centered service and critical thinking skills to ensure a client’s continuity of care toward improved health outcomes.
Training Capacity: 20 participants
Number of trainings offered per year: 5
- Describe each individual staff role in a client’s continuity of care.
- Describe how to incorporate client-centered and critical thinking skills into the nutrition assessment and documentation process.
- Describe Michigan WIC policy as well as available resource tools relevant to providing nutrition services.
- Discuss nutrition education and high risk documentation expectations.
- Identify how to develop and/or follow-up on individual care plans utilizing appropriate and consistent documentation in MI-WIC to promote continuity of care.
- Tara Fischer
- Joyce Bryant
- Monica Smith
- CPA (Required within 1 year)
- RD/RDN (Required within 1 year)
- Coordinator (Required within 1 year)
- NE Coordinator (Required within 1 year)
The full policy is available for you to read during the registration process under "Terms and Conditions" prior to submitting your registration.
Please Note: Due to flu season, we ask that if you experience any symptoms related to the flu, please stay home and do not attend the event. Contact MPHI either by phone or email if you will not be attending. To learn more about the flu and what you can do, please visit www.cdc.gov/flu or call (800) 232-4636.