Agenda (Two Day Training)
Training: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Registration: 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
This is a two-day workshop. The learner should be able to apply interviewing techniques; properly screen and assess infant/child anthropometric, hematological and immunization data; properly screen and assess infant/child medical, health and dietary history; properly screen for family and environmental risks in the homes of the parents, and caregivers; properly assign a food package; properly screen and refer for any special needs; properly document all findings in electronic medical record and state of Michigan systems. There will be hands-on application exercises.
This training is consistent with Accreditation Management Evaluation (ACME) standards.
- Identify assessment factors for women, infants, and children
- Explain how to apply WIC risk codes accurately
- Identify appropriate food and formula
- Discuss how to develop nutrition education plans
- Identify community programs available to assist in meeting clients’ needs
- Heather Kahn
- Nancy Erickson
- Hemocue Representative